Discover more from A Central Banker's Miscellany
President of India - Answers to Quiz
Twenty more questions, including on the Rashtrapati Bhavan, and the answers.
After aiming for a short presidential quiz, I ended up with thirty. On second thought, I found that I had omitted to add a few I wanted to and added a few that I wanted to be deleted. So, I decided finally to expand to 50, which is an excellent and round number. In the process, I think I managed to cover all presidents and acting presidents. I could not help but end with a central banking connection.
The new 20 questions, 31 to 50, are as below. The link to all the 50 questions and their answers are at the end.
31. Which president of India was, till his nomination, a central board member of the Reserve Bank of India?
32. Which musical instrument was among one of President Abdul Kalam's few personal possessions?
33. While delivering a lecture at which institution did President Kalam pass away?
34. Where was President Varahagiri Venkata Giri born?
35. Who was the first Acting president of India?
36. Who was the first presidential candidate from a scheduled tribe officially supported by the BJP?
37. Which Indian President was active in the Sinn Fein, which means 'We Ourselves', or 'Ourselves Alone', the political wing of the Irish Republican Army?
38. Which president of India wrote the book, Labour Problems in Indian Industry?
39. Who was the first former Chief Minister of a State to become the President of India?
40. When was the only time a Supreme Court Chief Justice become the acting president of India and under what circumstances?
41. Which president of India was a former Vice Chancellor of the Jawaharlal Nehru University?
42. Which president of India’s memoirs is titled My Presidential Years?
43. Which president of India titled his autobiography rather unusually as I’m My Own Model?
44. What was the middle name of Pratibha Patil, the 12th President of India?
45. Who was the architect of the Rashtrapati Bhavan?
46. When was the construction completed? How long did it take to build the Rashtrapati Bhavan?
47. Who was the first occupant of what we know now as the Rashtrapati Bhavan?
48. In terms of square foot area, acreage of the plot, and rooms, how big is the Rashtrapati Bhavan?
49. Until 15 August 1947, it was known as the Viceroy’s House. From 26 January 1950, it was known as Rashtrapati Bhavan. What was it known as in between?
50. I could not avoid asking one last question that connects central banking. This is in addition to the earlier question on the central bank governor who contested for the post of president of India. So, here goes. What is the link between the Bank of England and the buildings in Lutyens Delhi?
You can access all the fifty questions and my answers (I am emphasising my - somebody else might explain differently), please click on the maroon tab below:
Subscribe for free access to new posts!